A home or office is only as clean as its heating and cooling ductwork. The air circulates through the ductwork, which is the dirtiest, most unsanitary part of your home or office. On average, people spend 90% of each day indoors. Based off of that statistic alone, indoor air quality should be a major concern for everyone.
Benefits of having your air ducts cleaned:
- Reduce utility bills by increasing the volume of air flow at the registers/ diffusers
- Reduce excessive amounts of dust inside your home or office
- Eliminate musty odors when operating the furnace/ air conditioning
- Improve uneven temperatures from room to room
- When having a new furnace installed into existing ductwork, keep in mind that the new furnace blower is more powerful, thus loosening dust and debris that has accumulated over a period of time and blowing it out through the registers/ diffusers. In our professional opinion, we suggest having the air ducts cleaned before installing your new furnace in order to prevent this from happening.
Statistics show that indoor air can be up to 70% more polluted than outdoor air. According to many experts, house dust contains: mold, pollen, viruses, skin flakes, pet hair and dander, decaying organic matter, bacteria, textile fibers, dust mites, and residue from chemicals and household products. Many of these are allergy triggers that can be present in your air ducts. Removing these unhealthy contaminants will increase your indoor air quality, and allow you to breathe clean, healthy air.
There are also many advantages to having clean duct work in your business building. The NEMI (National Energy Management Institute) reports that, “Benefits of improved indoor air quality are so large that this opportunity cannot be ignored…” These include:
- Reduced Sick Leave
- Improved Productivity
- Increased Profits
- Better Employee/ Customer/ Visitor Health
- Reduced Health Costs